Last January, with the easing of COVID restrictions, Uganda opened up schools and PEACE’s efforts in Adjumani quickly regained steam. This year has been busy with much progress, and we want to recount the goodness of the Lord amidst the challenges that come with His good work. All of this happened because you prayed and gave towards the ministry of PEACE.
We appreciate your prayers and ask that you continue to join us in seeking God’s continued favor and protection. Please pray for:
- A fruitful year for all involved with PEACE in every sphere
- Protection, good health and cohesion among staff and community
- Provision for all the 2023 needed resources
- Good relationships with communities and government
- That we may align ourselves to God’s leading
PEACE International focuses on three key areas of work: Educating Children, Empowering Women, and Equipping Leaders. Below is a report of some of the fruits of your partnership with PEACE in 2022.
Serving 700+ children Pre-K thru 6th grade!
- The construction of an additional block of classrooms is complete and now filled with smiling children.
- The new desks are here and in use.
- New bibles arrived and the Word is being read and spoken daily by the children.
- The new fence around the site is complete and keeping kids and teachers safe.
- Electricity!! Solar powered lighting makes it possible to help students after hours.
Serving more than 150 women in the Adjumani community – five groups of thirty.
- Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLA) – The women have continued to save and do business and are now able to pay for necessities previously unaffordable. The groups have made three times more than the principal amount given to them, hence funds needed for economic growth are now circulating among the groups. Through training they have learned to expand their businesses by saving part of their profit.
- Bible Studies – The women continue to learn how to share their challenges, pray for one another and encourage each other in the Word of God.
- Tailoring – This second group of trainees are learning fast, because they are encouraged seeing the skills and progress of the ones ahead of them who are now training them. The graduated group of tailors are now making school uniforms for the students and making money.
- Agriculture – Through agriculture trailing, this year gave them a big harvest of sorghum and okra, which is a popular business item they sell in South Sudan.
20 Men and Women in the Adjumani community
- Trauma Healing and Peace Building – This year we have seen a very vibrant group of leaders register for our 2-year Trauma Healing and Peace Building program. These educated leaders from different settlements have expressed interest in the training after they realized this specialized training is making a huge difference in their personal lives, families, and communities. These leaders are being transformed in their own lives as they’ve developed the ability to open up and learn how to deal with their own pain before they can help others in their communities.
- Community Impact – This program has been lauded by the Ugandan government, specifically, the Office of the Prime Minister, as peace and coexistence is now being experienced in the settlements where the leaders who have been trained reside. Many of them have testified that they are receiving healing through the training.
2023 Resource needs
- About $2/day per student for over 700 children Pre-K through 6th grade to cover the cost of education, supplies and two meals a day ($262k annual budget)
- Two additional classrooms for 2024’s incoming 7th grade students ($26k)
- Five tukuls for teacher accommodations on site at Olua 1 ($12.5k)
- Empowering 150 women in start-up businesses, finance training and learning the Bible. ($22k, or $150/ woman)
- Equipping 20 church leaders in our two-year Healing and Training program ($22k)
Please know that we cannot thank you enough for enabling PEACE to accomplish all the above. The Lord Jesus Christ smiles every time He looks to see all these people that you touch through your love, prayers, and giving. Please continue giving to what we at PEACE are doing.